Thread: A few things about 13.04

Beans

Unhappy A few things about 13.04

The alt-tab switching never expands the windows (maybe I messed something up in compizconfig or unity-tweak-tool)
    Can't create new directory while saving file, it just freaks out
    When I start typing, it won't select that file, but start searching for it

Anyone got tweaks or fixes for these?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Beans

Re: A few things about 13.04

Quote Originally Posted by jokerneophyte View Post
    The alt-tab switching never expands the windows (maybe I messed something up in compizconfig or unity-tweak-tool)
    Can't create new directory while saving file, it just freaks out
    When I start typing, it won't select that file, but start searching for it

Anyone got tweaks or fixes for these?
    Can't say I quite get what you mean in the 1st. at all, as far 3rd, typeahead is gone in nautilus, it only searches.

( - as far as the alt-tab, I never use much but don't remember 'expand' being part of the unity alt-tab switcher.
    Don't think I'm quick enough to create a new folder in the time it takes to save a file, though if I could would have no reason to do so.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Can't say I quite get what you mean in the 1st. at all, as far 3rd, typeahead is gone in nautilus, it only searches.

( - as far as the alt-tab, I never use much but don't remember 'expand' being part of the unity alt-tab switcher.
    Don't think I'm quick enough to create a new folder in the time it takes to save a file, though if I could would have no reason to do so.
    Uh, by expand I meant that it shows previews of the windows. But it seems to work right now, maybe there was a patch or I wasn't waiting long enough for it.. o.o
    Also, is there any way to bring back typeahead? I absolutely _loved_ that feature a lot, and never had problems with it
    The create folder while saving thing is:
    1. Open gedit, type something and hit save
    2. You are asked where to save a file, and there is a Create Folder button when available
    3. You hit the button and start typing the name and sometimes it works if you hit enter fast enough, most of the time it gives up and the folder disappears before being created (the saving menu still seems to have typeahead, maybe this is the problem?)

(Also, a way to delete stuff in the saving menu would be awesome)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jokerneophyte View Post
    The create folder while saving thing is:
    1. Open gedit, type something and hit save
    2. You are asked where to save a file, and there is a Create Folder button when available
    3. You hit the button and start typing the name and sometimes it works if you hit enter fast enough, most of the time it gives up and the folder disappears before being created (the saving menu still seems to have typeahead, maybe this is the problem?)
    When 'creating a new folder', type in name, then hit 'enter' on keyboard to create. Should create & move save window to that new folder, ect.
    typeahead is so long gone may be difficult to patch back into nautilus at this point