Thread: New Icons

Beans

New Icons

To be honest i think new icons like new icons for Files/Home(dash)/USC... are step in the right direction.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/03/u...ate-tool-icons

I use Faenza as long as i can remember and Matthieu James now officially working on default icons in Ubuntu (and maybe on new default theme too?) i think it could end up great.

Keep up the good work i really do like it a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New Icons

What happened to the new icon theme though? Canonical hired the guy behind Faenza and Faience. There was supposed to be a new icon theme for RR but I haven't heard tell of it since around November.

Beans

Looks good but what does the 'A' stand for? Screenshot attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Apt, maybe?

Or their fans of the Fonz.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by kaldor View Post
    What happened to the new icon theme though? Canonical hired the guy behind Faenza and Faience. There was supposed to be a new icon theme for RR but I haven't heard tell of it since around November.
    It's common knowledge, that all 500+ Canonical employees only work on one project at a time, right now Mir is that one project.

Beans

'A'pplication Updates? I see some wits have decided it stands for either Amazon or Apple
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Looks good but what does the 'A' stand for? Screenshot attached...
    Look at the symbol on USC icon and the same symbol is used on Software Updater icon (i like how Software Updater now lists updates based on group) and i guess it does make sense because you install apps from USC and update them with Software Updater. Arrows around symbol in Software Updater icon probably represent "lifecycle management" of previously installed apps.

I have no idea but the level of details in this first icons and overall quality and coolness i guess individual approach was chosen for at least this default system icons. I doubt quality made "icon pack" for thousands of apps could be made over night and because of that i expect constant improvements in small steps for foreseeable future.

That said i do hope something will be made for this transitional phase and installing Faenza icon pack "won't override" this new icons and to somehow get these new icons + Faenza icon pack for stuff not already done in default Ubuntu. I can do it manually for sure but i think better way would be "done automatically".
    Last edited by EgoGratis; March 31st, 2013 at 04:45 PM.