Thread: USB Flahs memory shows up and doesn't shows up...

Hybrid View

Beans

USB Flahs memory shows up and doesn't shows up...

Every day there is a "new fun" in Ubuntu...

Since yesterday, when I do plug a USB memory stick it shows up in Disk Utility but it doesn't shows in the Launcher. This is a new thingy because every Friday I did back up all my documents in the USB memory stick without any problem but yesterday and today I can not do it because I can't open it at all. And goes...

I would appreciate if someone can help me to resolve this issue but, please, without having to write the history of my life in te terminal. Thank you.

Tino
    Last edited by viriatovigo; April 4th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.

Beans

Re: USB Flahs memory shows up and doesn't shows up...

I did try to back up in a DVD but, again, it shows up in the Disk Utility but it doesn't in the Launcher. Great...

Beans

every month I do back up my PC using the "Buckup" enclosed in Linux. Not this month... Also do not recognises the external HD as before...

What the hell is going on?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Did you reboot your computer, then plug in the flash drive?

What USB ports, front or back?

It's possible this is a hardware problem.

Beans

Sorry gordintoronto for being so rude and not to answer your advise. I do apologize.

As you can see in my other thread about this issue but with other extra problem, the "thing" has been resolved by chance.

Basically I did reboot the PC and then I did plug the USB stick and still was not recognised but after what I did what I've read on the advise in other thread it did work and now I can back up as usual.

But your last comment did make think... I am not plugging it in a back port nor in the a front port but in a self powered USB hub plugged in a back port. In the 2 front ports I have 2 adaptors (all the front and back ports are in use). I wonder if this habit could be the culprit of other problems that did resolve by chance, not because knowledge.

All the best.

Tino