Thread: Upgrade to 12.10 and Gnome-Sushi no longer works for MP3's

Beans
    Hidden!

Upgrade to 12.10 and Gnome-Sushi no longer works for MP3's

After upgrading to 12.10 I discovered that Gnome-Sushi no longer allows you to play MP3's. If you press the spacebar a window opens but that's all that happens. All codecs are installed and I can play MP3's with Rhythmbox etc.

This is actually a big deal as when I upgraded to 12.04 the really nice feature whereby one hovered the mouse over a nautilus MP3 file and it played was removed and we had to use Sushi. Now Sushi is broke and there is no way to preview MP3's anymore.

I hope there is a fix or workaround because I really need an MP3 preview.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Upgrade to 12.10 and Gnome-Sushi no longer works for MP3's

Recently every upgrade has broken something important to me and I am not willing to keep accepting this as normal. It looks like it may be time for me to move to another distro after eight years using Ubuntu. Its a shame but there you are.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Upgrade to 12.10 and Gnome-Sushi no longer works for MP3's

There is a new previewer that works with 12.10. It is called gloobus-preview and the homepage is here

You need to add a new repository, here are the commands to install it. Remove gnome-sushi completely first.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gloobus-dev/gloobus-preview
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install gloobus-preview gloobus-sushi

I will not leave Ubuntu just yet but have to say as a long time user it is not getting better, it is getting worse

Also it would be nice if I could mark this thread as solved. But that is no longer allowed!
    Last edited by stepheny; March 31st, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Wanted to mark thread as solved. But can't!