Thread: Ubuntu stuck at boot screen

Beans

Ubuntu stuck at boot screen

So I used Ubuntu for 6 months, it frequently freezes (can't move mouse nor keyboard), then i just have to reboot and works fine after. But sometimes it gets stuck on the boot screen so I just reinstall (with no file recovery), this happened 6 times, I don't wanna reinstall again since this is the longest period Ive been using it, so now I'm asking for help.
    Happy to clarify if you have any questions!

Beans

Re: Ubuntu stuck at boot screen

Oh, I forgot to disclose that im dual booting with WIN10

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You also forgot to tell us the version of Ubuntu and the hardware specification of your machine. How well does Windows 10 work? The amount of system memory and the video adapter are important.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Use a liveUSB and run the boot info script in my signature.

Choose to create a summary report and then add the pastebin link back here in your reply.

System specs. as asked for by grahammechanical are also essential for us to help you.

Beans

If you are having problems with your mouse/keyboard, you need to post more information as suggested above. Specific information on that hardware as well as the computer itself such as the manufacturer and age (usually find this in the BIOS). Also, when it fails to boot, do you see any message on screen, does it just freeze. If you have windows, which version/release of windows do you have? Do you have problems with windows? Are both Ubuntu and windows on the same hard drive? Are both installed in UEFI mode? Do you know what UEFI is? Running the boot repair script suggested is probably the simplest thing for you to do as most of these questions will be answered. Do not try to use boot repair to repair the boot problem until you have posted the link here.