Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: /boot Partition

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: /boot Partition

I agree with agillator.

And one of the most common reasons for file corruption is power failure. We have seen users with many reasons for power failure including, dog, cat, foot, brother, sister, no battery as well as the usual power company or lighting. And unless moving partitions or a major upgrade a fsck will usually fix a journaled file system.
    For more info on UEFI boot install & repair - Regularly Updated :
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: /boot Partition

Forgot to mention but I'm sure its more than clear I'm still a newb at Linux

Quote Originally Posted by dabl View Post
    Thanks for the site on Parted Magic I've heard good things about it rather have a Live CD in case something does happen to her computer.

Quote Originally Posted by agillator View Post
    Ahh I assume that was the intention of when he partitioned it like that and the pictures are no big deal as she nabs them off Facebook anyways lol. With the mounting of the drives I have an administrator account to handle updating and what not but I am unable to mount a drive where it is mountable when logged into her account.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    It doesn't have the option to boot usb at all in the bios, I have tried Plop Boot Manager on my older computer but never got it to work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12