Thread: flash getting worse and worse for me, ubuntu and windows

Beans
    Hidden!

flash getting worse and worse for me, ubuntu and windows

Youtube, I usually refresh the page and can fix it, but not this one. The thumbnails just flash at screen bottom and screen stays dark.

On win7, it just stops responding. Seems to be on a cycle, either wait, or just keep refreshing or close browser over and over. Longest time between getting it to work on windows was maybe 30 minutes. I experience that using Amazon Prime video. You can watch a vid, load another and it will just crash and your not certain you can get it going again. It was a real eye opener for me. Linux I expect to have flash issues, but did not expect to see it on windows.

When will we see the last of flash?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: flash getting worse and worse for me, ubuntu and windows

haven't notice any problem here though I have heard that there was a hugh cyber attack that slowed the net to a crawl for a couple days anyway that youtube video plays fine here
    we won't see the end to flash anytime soon, not may webpages that use it have change to to html5 yet at least I haven't seen it in my surfing.
    Wireless script
    Dave
    Registered Linux User #462608
    Morse Code an early Digital Mode.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

No problems with flash here either but I am always for flash going away since Adobe has never been the most reliable for flash pluguins for Linux. What I think will make a difference is youtube, Google has said there biggest problems with switching to HTML5 is getting there adds over to that format. If you go to youtube know you can use only the HTML5 videos but that will not include any videos that have any kind of adds. So I think as soon as youtube switches to HTML5 the whole web will.

Now here is the real question, lets say Flash is around for a little longer what will happen to firefox? I know Google Chrome maintains there own flash plugin called "pepper" but what will happen to firefox in say the end of the next year or two when the flash plugin get's to old to be recognized? From what I have read Adobe is no longer making flash for Linux so how will Firefox stay current and will Ubuntu continue to use Firefox if flash is not supported being Ubuntu audience essentially is new users and new users expect flash, at least the ones freshly over from Windows or Apple.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DMGrier View Post
    Now here is the real question, lets say Flash is around for a little longer what will happen to firefox? I know Google Chrome maintains there own flash plugin called "pepper" but what will happen to firefox in say the end of the next year or two when the flash plugin get's to old to be recognized? From what I have read Adobe is no longer making flash for Linux so how will Firefox stay current and will Ubuntu continue to use Firefox if flash is not supported being Ubuntu audience essentially is new users and new users expect flash, at least the ones freshly over from Windows or Apple.
    Chrome would not be default as it is not free. I keep hearing about flash but it is not the only media content on the web. There are others that would need gecko-mediaplayer while it doesn't even load in chrome since version 1.4 (now it is 1.6 in Quantal I think) and even when it did, it worked better in Firefox.

BTW, even though I have experienced no flash issues I don't need it for most part because of two greasemonkey scripts
    http://linterna-magica.nongnu.org/
    http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/87011
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; March 28th, 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Try the latest Chrome browser (directly from google's website...not the chromium version in the software center) it has the "pepperflash" which is the latest adobe flash which google partners with adobe to get...
    up to recently, pepperflash was not always quite reliable on linux but the as of Chrome 26 series (the one that is available now) i have noticed that the pepperflash has become pretty stable...try that...might do the trick for you...