Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Why must LTS die?

Quote Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
    No -- its in the AUR:

packer -Ss xcalib
    aur/xcalib 0.8-4 (196)
    A tiny monitor calibration loader for X.org

Either install yaourt or packer (both which can access the AUR), and install it. The nomenclature for yaourt or packer is the same. A lot of people don't like the AUR, but for the most part in works for me!!!
    Code:
    yaourt -S xcalib
    That worked.

I asked on manjaro forums, and now I see you have told me too.

Thanks.

;p

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain2012 View Post
    For the really conservative types who only use LTS as is (no ppa or other new "additives" that may carry even an infinitesimal chance of instability) and are happy to be frozen in time for 3-5 years (like people who are still on Lucid) I can't understand why they don't simply switch to Debian, which seems a lot more suit to their use cases.
    Doesn't security updates for debian stable end once the next stable is released (after about 2 years)? LTS offers 5 years of support

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Porcini M. View Post
    Doesn't security updates for debian stable end once the next stable is released (after about 2 years)? LTS offers 5 years of support
    They end one year after the new release, so you have ~3+ years. If wheezy goes stable in May, Squeeze will have a total of 3 years and 3 months of support. Keep in mind squeeze was frozen and in "bugfix only" mode for almost a year before release, so it's a bit different situation than Ubuntu LTS.
    Last edited by lykwydchykyn; April 18th, 2013 at 05:11 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910