Thread: Video Converter

Beans

Video Converter

I'm currently running a little headless ubuntu server that does nothing more than run plex. That way all of the media I have on it can be streamed to any of my dlna enabled devices throughout my house. Does anyone know of an easier to use video converter that would work on my server? I would preferably like one that has a webui if that is at all possible. That way some of my roommates can use it and won't have to spend a lot of time learning how.

Beans

Re: Video Converter

Hi,

It doesn't have a web interface but I use handbrake to transcode Videos.

Maybe just create a simple cron Job that checks for Video files in a specific Directory and just call handbrake to transcode it.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Video Converter

Quote Originally Posted by ian dobson View Post
    Hi,

It doesn't have a web interface but I use handbrake to transcode Videos.

Maybe just create a simple cron Job that checks for Video files in a specific Directory and just call handbrake to transcode it.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    +1 for Handbrake. It's cli interface is easy to understand and not too difficult to script. If bash scripting is too tricky, setup a simple Samba share on the server and use Handbrake to queue jobs on a separate encoding machine that uses the share as it's destination.