Thread: " FATAL: Module rtl8188ee not found" error

Beans

Question " FATAL: Module rtl8188ee not found" error

Hi everyone! I recently solved my problem with wireless, as you can see in this thread. Every time I booted Ubuntu I'd run the "sudo modprobe -r rtl8188ee && sudo modprobe rtl8188ee" command. However, when I turned on my notebook today the response to this command was "FATAL: Module rtl8188ee not found". Does anyone know what happened?
    I'm having troubles connecting with wireless on Windows 8 too (it runs in dual boot with Ubuntu), and even with an ethernet cable I can't connect to the internet (I'm using my college's computers now). It says I'm connected with a connection but the connection cannot acess the internet.
    I don't know if there's a problem with the internet connection itself, but I thought that if the module "wasn't found" then there must some problem with my wireless driver too. I already provided many information about my notebook on the other thread, but let me know if there's anything important I've missed.
    Thank you everyone! ^^

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: " FATAL: Module rtl8188ee not found" error

At the time you posted that thread, you were running kernel version 3.8.0-31-generic. Is that still the case today?
    Code:
    uname -r
    If you have installed a newer kernel, please refer to the original post where I said:
    When Update Manager installs a later linux-image, after reboot, re-compile:

Code:
    cd Desktop/backports-3.11-rc3-1/
    make clean
    make defconfig-rtlwifi
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo modprobe rtl8188ee
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi, there was an linux image update today so you will
    need to re run the commands chilli555 gave you in the post
    you refered to that fixed it last time. post #9
    Craving anchovy, herring and squid pizza.....with clam sauce

Beans

I rerun the commands you've mentioned and now wireless is working again! Thank you very much!
    Just one last quick question: my kernel now is "3.8.0-32-generic". I have no idea how it changed. So everytime the kernel changes I'll have to rerun those commands?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

I have no idea how it changed.
    I'm certain Update Manager offered you a long list of updates; the kernel update was among them.
    So everytime the kernel changes I'll have to rerun those commands?
    Yes. Your clue, of course, will be when your wireless magically stops working!
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans

oh, I see. Thank you very much again! ^^