Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PB Easynote - Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Golan] Netwo - Wireless Problem

Beans

Unhappy PB Easynote - Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Golan] Netwo - Wireless Problem

Hi.

I'm really new to Linux -these green users... what would we make without them... -.

I have installed Ubuntu 12.10 (not the version beta) to my laptop, which is:
    Packard Bell Easynote MX65-203
    whose Network Controler is:
    Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Golan] Netwo rk conection (rev 02)

My problem is that my laptop detect some wifi networks, including mine, of course. But when I'm trying to connect it, it ask me for the password over and over (and don't connect).
    It was the case, a day, I was watching a movie at the TV with the computer on. When the movie finished, I had near 40 windows asking me the password (I don't matter, even with my shock finding that, but it's an anecdote about my beginings in Linux )

I have been looking how to fix it in many forums, but couldn't find the exact problem, and finally i have to ask for direct help in this forum. Excuse my ignorancy even to that level. The internet card has similar problems, but can't find about the laptop.
    Reading these forums, now I know that Ubuntu 12.10 has had some problems with internet, but if I could, I'd continue using this version. I have read that the problem could be the network controler, or the driver, but don't know how to fix it.

But (now I'm sure it has no relation at all) I have no problems with the wired connection from the same router. I have tried to install these "additional controllers", but didn't work.

I'm writing this in the partition of windows xp I have in the same laptop (don't look so bad to me, i need some programs -and games - which are exclusive to windows )
    I'm not sure what information is necessary to fix it, so i'll be active to answer for any data required.

And thank you all so much, I've already sensed the famous care among Linux users, and I'm really happy to have entered in this community.

Beans

Re: PB Easynote - Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Golan] Netwo - Wireless Pro

ok, it had past 5 days since I wrote that looking for help.
    I wonder now if my doubt are too much hard for this forum, maybe I can get 1 level up this doubt.

Or renew my question, because a 5 day-old post is almost on the page 15 of this Absolute Beginners Section, so it's hard to get an answer now.

Any suggestion?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: PB Easynote - Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (Golan] Netwo - Wireless Pro

Hi and welcome to the forums, and to Linux in general.

This is a community forum run and serviced by volunteers. Unlike lock-in vendor sites, it is not supported by big profits, so it cannot be treated like paid support and therefore relies on people who have the time and the right expertise to catch your request as it is posted. It is perfectly acceptable to bump your thread after 24 hrs if no response.

Re: your request for help.

You will get much better responses by supplying the right info in your request, as per this sticky on the first page of the forum. Otherwise, those trying to help have nothing to go on. Please do the following:

1. Attach your laptop to your router via ethernet cable so that you can do what follows:

2. Invoke a terminal either from dash or by <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<t>

3. Do:
    Code:
    sudo lshw -C network
    Code:
    sudo lspci -vk | grep -iA13 net
    Code:
    ifconfig
    Code:
    iwconfig
    Code:
    cat /etc/modules
    Code:
    grep blacklist /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    4. Post output of these commands back to this thread, but enclose each set in code marks (the hash button "#") found at top of the posting box.

Beans

Sorry, I didn't want to be unpolite, I just wanted to express my disappointment because I turned on "panic mode" when my message was 5 day without answer and making way to other threads (and I didn't know that my post would be "refresh" on the first position of the forum on each new message). I really appreciate your work to help everyone.

I didn't want to put the results of some of these commands on the first message, because I didn't want to saturate the thread including information I don't know if it was necessary.

Ok, these are the answers to that commands:
    (I'm sorry I'm from Spain and installed in Spanish, so a little info is in my language. As long as it is -I hope- on the same order, and the words have similar structure, it's not hard to understand)

1) Answer to lshw -C network
    Code:
      *-network               
           descripción: Interfaz inalámbrica
           producto: PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection
           fabricante: Intel Corporation
           id físico: 0
           información del bus: pci@0000:03:00.0
           nombre lógico: wlan0
           versión: 02
           serie: 00:18:de:87:fc:2b
           anchura: 32 bits
           reloj: 33MHz
           capacidades: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
           configuración: broadcast=yes driver=iwl3945 driverversion=3.5.0-17-generic firmware=15.32.2.9 latency=0 link=no multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11abg
           recursos: irq:44 memoria:fe1ff000-fe1fffff
      *-network
           descripción: Ethernet interface
           producto: RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+
           fabricante: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
           id físico: 7
           información del bus: pci@0000:06:07.0
           nombre lógico: eth0
           versión: 10
           serie: 00:18:f3:ab:a9:b7
           tamaño: 100Mbit/s
           capacidad: 100Mbit/s
           anchura: 32 bits
           reloj: 33MHz
           capacidades: pm bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
           configuración: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=8139too driverversion=0.9.28 duplex=full ip=192.168.1.9 latency=64 link=yes maxlatency=64 mingnt=32 multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/s
           recursos: irq:16 ioport:d800(size=256) memoria:feafe400-feafe4ff
    2) Answer to lspci -vk | grep -iA13 net
    Code:
    03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG [Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 44
        Memory at fe1ff000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [e0] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-18-de-ff-ff-87-fc-2b
        Kernel driver in use: iwl3945
        Kernel modules: iwl3945

06:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
        Subsystem: Packard Bell B.V. Device c022
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 17
    --
    06:07.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Packard Bell B.V. Device c022
        Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
        I/O ports at d800 [size=256]
        Memory at feafe400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
        Kernel driver in use: 8139too
        Kernel modules: 8139too, 8139cp
    3) Answer to ifconfig
    Code:
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  direcciónHW 00:18:f3:ab:a9:b7  
              Direc. inet:192.168.1.9  Difus.:192.168.1.255  Másc:255.255.255.0
              Dirección inet6: fe80::218:f3ff:feab:a9b7/64 Alcance:Enlace
              ACTIVO DIFUSIÓN FUNCIONANDO MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Métrica:1
              Paquetes RX:3277 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              Paquetes TX:2350 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              colisiones:0 long.colaTX:1000 
              Bytes RX:3970090 (3.9 MB)  TX bytes:316431 (316.4 KB)

lo        Link encap:Bucle local  
              Direc. inet:127.0.0.1  Másc:255.0.0.0
              Dirección inet6: ::1/128 Alcance:Anfitrión
              ACTIVO BUCLE FUNCIONANDO  MTU:16436  Métrica:1
              Paquetes RX:116 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              Paquetes TX:116 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              colisiones:0 long.colaTX:0 
              Bytes RX:11003 (11.0 KB)  TX bytes:11003 (11.0 KB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  direcciónHW 00:18:de:87:fc:2b  
              ACTIVO DIFUSIÓN MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Métrica:1
              Paquetes RX:0 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              Paquetes TX:0 errores:0 perdidos:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              colisiones:0 long.colaTX:1000 
              Bytes RX:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
    4) Answer to iwconfig
    Code:
    wlan0     IEEE 802.11abg  ESSID:off/any  
              Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=15 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off

lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.
    5) Answer to cat /etc/modules
    Code:
    # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
    #
    # This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
    # at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

loop
    lp
    6) Answer to grep blacklist /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
    Code:
    blacklist evbug
    blacklist usbmouse
    blacklist usbkbd
    blacklist eepro100
    blacklist de4x5
    blacklist eth1394
    blacklist snd_intel8x0m
    blacklist snd_aw2
    blacklist i2c_i801
    blacklist prism54
    blacklist bcm43xx
    blacklist garmin_gps
    blacklist asus_acpi
    blacklist snd_pcsp
    blacklist pcspkr
    blacklist amd76x_edac

And again, thanks for all . Maybe it was that lack of information why some people saw my message and couldn't help, but, as I said, it was because I don't know yet what information is necessary.

P.S: Maybe this new information is also useful - I didn't make any change in the system since the installation (put a program on the blacklist, I mean, actualize the software or something similar). This OS is perfectly new.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Hi, please try:
    Code:
    sudo su
    echo options iwl3945 swcrypto=1 >> /etc/modprobe.d/iwl3945.conf
    Thanks

Beans

Screen capture.jpg

Is this what it was supposed to be? There was no answer after 1 minute.
    I'm afraid it didn't work, it continues asking me the password again and again, it doesn't finish connecting the network.

But thanks for your try

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

It looks like it, did you reboot?
    Please do then copy and paste this command in the terminal (ctrl+alt+t) please:
    Code:
    wget -N -t 5 -T 10 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57264241/wireless_script && chmod +x wireless_script && ./wireless_script
    It will download a script and create a text file in your home folder with wireless information so we can see the condition of your wireless at this time and the Mac address, WPA key and WEP key are removed for your security, then reply back, click on the paper clip and attach the netinfo.txt file.
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ajm91 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't want to be unpolite, I just wanted to express my disappointment because I turned on "panic mode" when my message was 5 day without answer and making way to other threads (and I didn't know that my post would be "refresh" on the first position of the forum on each new message). I really appreciate your work to help everyone.
    But I thought you were very polite, and especially so compared to some of the demands that we have seen on these forums. I was only trying to inform you that it is very acceptable etiquette for you to bump an unanswered thread after 24 hours, and that you needn't wait 5 days.

I didn't want to put the results of some of these commands on the first message, because I didn't want to saturate the thread including information I don't know if it was necessary.
    Very understandable. However, on a help forum, generally the more info the better. As long as you use the code function to box your output, no one will mind.

(I'm sorry I'm from Spain and installed in Spanish, so a little info is in my language. As long as it is -I hope- on the same order, and the words have similar structure, it's not hard to understand)
    I am always awestruck by people who post here with English as their non-native language. I would never venture to post on a Spanish forum, so you have my sincere admiration.

I note that Wild Man has taken up your problem. You now have a genuine certified guru helping you and are in far better hands than mine.

Good luck and Happy Ubuntuing!

Beans

sorry, I forgot totally about reboot , it was like no result. I'll try inmediately.

And sorry, DuckHook, because I misunderstood you. Didn't know what bump meant (now I do), and my first lecture of your message sounded to me like reprimanding, something like "non-professional supporters" don't have to answer a post inmediately. And for me, there's no problem asking for help in a language that I have more posibilities to get an answer, as it's more used than mine.

Now I'll try, wish me luck

Beans

netinfo.txt

ok, the reboot didn't make it work, so here's, as you asked for, the netinfo.txt
    And thank you all so much for helping me, I don't know what would I do myself with this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast