Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asus EeePC 1005Ha

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: Asus EeePC 1005Ha

A fresh install (not upgrade) of X/Lubuntu 13.04 is definitely worth trying.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just follow morgaes' advice and use a lighter OS. Trying to run standard Ubuntu or heavy UIs such as cinnamon is what's causing your problems. Switch to a lighter distro such as Lubuntu. I'm 99% sure it's that simple.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by babbington2 View Post
    I might be in for a long shot there, but still: if I were to upgrade to 13.04 from 12.10 on my netbook, do you think the flaw will somehow go away ? No, huh ? Sorry for this stupid question. But sometimes you cling on even the most illogical of solutions.
    Not sure if a upgrade would help. If your HOME is on a seperat partition, you could keep your profile/data and perhaps do a fresh install?

I have an EeePc 901 with the same amount of ram, and it boots Ubuntu 12.04 in about 45 seconds. BTW you do have a swap file/partition active?

Rune

dino99 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

i'm using 13.04 on an old laptop with only a 20 Gb hdd so yours might work too.
    But, remember to let 15 % of free space on the hdd (for system breathing/swapping) and dont hesitate to clean it also : clean/autoclean/autoremove/gtkorphan/bleachbit
    Of course you also might glance at the logs (xsession-errors & /var/log/) to know about possible issues (mainly dmesg & xorg.0.log)
    And if you want more speed: do a fresh install with ext4 and either Lubuntu or Easypeasy

Beans

you guys are just awesome. Thank you for the replies. I hope one day, I can give some advice back ! I think I will try mörgaes solution.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm not sure what exactly might fix your present problem, but I also have a 1005HA (running 13.04 now); is yours a dual boot with Win7? Sounds to me like you should clean up some more of that HDD, and I highly recommend you upgrade to 2GB RAM, it should be less than $30. I also recommend you use the Lubuntu DE, it flies compared to the other Ubuntu flavors or Windows 7 on this machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12