Thread: Unity3D 4.0

Beans

Unity3D 4.0

For the most part I am getting sick going back and forth to just work on games, funny thing is my game is 2D and partial 3D (for the world, remember FF6? except better rendering) If you have alternatives that would be great otherwise I need to stick to unity.

Anyone have luck with Unity and Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity3D 4.0

why not using virtualbox ? (or kvm)

Beans

Re: Unity3D 4.0

I can not get Unity3D working under wine either. It gives me a licensing error each time.
    I even tried installing in Virtualbox with a Guest WindowsXP VM, licensed it as a "free" version.
    I then copied the full installation over to wine's "c" drive, and imported the registry file. That failed too in the exact same way: licensing failure.

So failing all that I decided to just use it in Virtualbox. Now I get a graphics failure each time. I've got the 3D graphics option set for the guest VM under displays. And I have the experimental Direct3D acceleration that you can install with guest additions.

That doesn't work either. I think Virualbox needs more refinement with regards to the graphics modes.

Unfortuantely I still need to use my Mac for Unity. I was hoping for a one stop shop in Ubuntu,