Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unwrongly got infractions over gender issues and stereotyping by moderators.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Unwrongly got infractions over gender issues and stereotyping by moderators.

I'll explore two points only to begin with.

1 - This thread title - "Unwrongly got infractions over gender issues and stereotyping by moderators" - reveals a number of mistaken assumptions you have been making ever since you received the original warning. The forum staff, that is the admins and moderators, are drawn from most age groups, all continents, a wide variety of cultures and, most importantly to you, both genders. This is so that in our staff discussions - and much more goes on behind the scenes than you possibly realise - we can be as sensitive as we can be to culture, gender and age issues.

2 - You were not warned because of stereotyping - neither were the staff picking on you - you were warned because your post was contrary to the forum Code of Conduct. It is as simple as that. Let us examine what you said. Although you blanked out the offending post, the text of it is still visible in the infraction record which staff only can view here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2127464

You will get a permission denied message if you click on that link. Please be assured that the contents of the link contains only details of the warning that you were given, the text of the warning, and the original text of your post. Part of your post said this:

Your writing is on par with work from *cough* "Twilight," Stephenie Meyer style. While that is a good read for under-motivated and sub intelligent women and girls, I think users drawn to linux and Ubuntu OSes on their computers or devices are a notch above drivel writing.
    As a response to someone wanting feedback to their writing, do you really think that is in the spirit of the part of the Code of Conduct quoted below?

We also want this to be a place where community can develop and we can enjoy one another's company. To achieve this, we strive to maintain an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all and we ask all members of the community to be respectful at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness, gentleness and respect. If you do this, the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.
    Frankly, it is not, and I agree with the warning. You are quite entitled to give critical feedback, but giving negative feedback with sensitivity is not easy and I suggest that this is something you need to think about.

A warning is simply meant as a reminder of the need to stay within the Code of Conduct when posting here - that is all. It is not very important in the scheme of things. Unfortunately, you chose to escalate the situation by posting a rant about staff, which is why you were put on moderation, but we can explore that part of the episode when you respond to the above.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: Unwrongly got infractions over gender issues and stereotyping by moderators.

Whatever. Have fun with being total nazis. I NEVER had this much problems with staff in my school, I am the most gifted and popular girl there. THIS means your staff is in the wrong and I am in the right. If you can not tolerate even small criticism to any other member here, then you guys have more serious problems within your group. Maybe a lack of cooperation and feedback because that is what it seems to me.

I can see the point, it was just a bad discussion on my part following up for any kind of rational discussion among elitest like yourselves. Of course you guys will back each other up over anyone else here. This is not an OPEN meritocracy its a dictatorship by a few select mods. BTW I am not a baby like you guys. You can call me a punk kid or a noobie and I would not care, but then again I have some self esteem.

Ageism and gender stereotyping at its finest. So pathetic. Where are your female moderators here? I want an unbiased opinion from a women. Anyway its not worth it. This will be my last post here. I do not play hacker games with little insecure men as moderators here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

The Code of Conduct applies to the Resolution Centre as much as anywhere else in the forum. Since you have demonstrated a complete unwillingness to abide by the Code of Conduct I am giving you a one-way ticket out of here. I wish you luck in finding a venue more suited to your style of posting.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12