Thread: SIS M760 graphics Driver

Beans

SIS M760 graphics Driver

I recently re-installed ubuntu because I became really really sick of windows.
    I have an old laptop (Siemens Amilo A1640) and it has a SiS M760 graphics card. With just OS instalation I have a good resolution and it's perfect screen quality, the problem is that I can't use desktop effects and I have some bugs in visualisation of some pop up screens like volume and stuff like that. How can I install the drivers?
    Last edited by vieitas; July 1st, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: SIS M760 graphics Driver

What drivers do you have to install?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

SiS doesn't support 3d Linux drivers, if u can Google SiS 3d drivers u will get thousands of post crying about SiS lack of Linux support
    Monitor: LG flatron w1954s 22", mobo: G31-m7 series, CPU: Intel LGA 775 Intel core duo 2 2,66GHZ, RAM: 3GB, GPU: ATI Radeom HD 2400, Storage: 500GB SATA and 80GB IDE, Windows 7 ultimate and Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by elliotn View Post
    SiS doesn't support 3d Linux drivers, if u can Google SiS 3d drivers u will get thousands of post crying about SiS lack of Linux support
    Indeed, but I thought the OP had a driver (or perhaps many drivers), just didn't know how to install it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vieitas View Post
    I recently re-installed ubuntu because I became really really sick of windows.
    I have an old laptop (Siemens Amilo A1640) and it has a SiS M760 graphics card. With just OS instalation I have a good resolution and it's perfect screen quality, the problem is that I can't use desktop effects and I have some bugs in visualisation of some pop up screens like volume and stuff like that. How can I install the drivers?
    Hi, I've the same computer. I tried to run Live on CD Lubuntu 12.10 and Xubuntu 12.10, but none of them works. Which version did you install? Does it work fine? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

"None of them works." Perhaps you could expand on this? "I did A and B and C, and expected X. However, Y happened instead."