Hey y'all~

I originally posted my problem on the playonlinux forum and the person helping me suggested that I try the Xubuntu forums to see if anyone has had a similar problem. I'm running Xubuntu 12.04 with XFCE 4.10.

My problem is that whenever I go to open Word 2010 or Excel 2010 on my machines (it happens on my laptop too, running the same version of XFCE and Xubuntu) it'll get stuck on the splash screen and not load the program/document - the splash screen disappears. If I try to run the program again it'll say that Excel/Word didn't open properly last time and asks if I want to start it in safe mode. Sometimes starting it in safe mode works, and sometimes it doesn't. A reboot usually helps alleviate the problem.

The person who was helping me out on the playonlinux forums suggested that I try a different Window Manager so I installed LXDE on my laptop and it appears as though it works fine with LXDE, I was able to open and close documents quite a number of times and it didn't crash on me. This led them to believe that there was something wrong with XFCE.

Here's a link to the discussion that I had with someone on that forum: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-...ad_Screen.html

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Any help is appreciated.