Thread: Spooler server error when dragging images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Spooler server error when dragging images

Hi. I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x32 (downloaded it by mistake thinking it was the x64 version but alas).

I'm having several issues that I believe are because of the graphic drivers, as I have an hybrid AMD/Intel card (such as too much heating over the smallest things like watching a video, specially since last update). But I came here to ask about one in particular, that sounds quite bizarre. Every time I open an image in Image Viewer and click on the image and drag it outside the window (not just moving it inside its limits), Ubuntu crashes to a terminal window that says only about five sentences, something along the lines of "spooler server error" and logs me off. That text-only screen blinks for a moment and then the login screen comes up. It happens every single time.

What could be causing it and how do I solve the issue?

Edit: I repeated the logout-inducing thing just now and noticed that the error doesn't seem related to the server alone - the terminal gives the three messages it always gives upon login out, including check battery.
    Last edited by .jekyll; March 24th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.