Thread: Migrate wubi to and from USB?

Beans

Migrate wubi to and from USB?

is it possible to move the wubi files to an USB, for making free space on the disk and be able to create a partition, and then run the wubi automatic migration script (with the appropriate parameters) to migrate it to the partition. It will work?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Re: Migrate wubi to and from USB?

@lordscales91, you posted in this thread which is for discussion of the MigrateWubi wiki page:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2012400

Technical support questions should be posted in support forums, so I've moved your post to its own thread in General Help.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can move the files to USB and then migrate using the --root-disk= option. Note that the migration script enforces that the architecture (64bit vs 32bit) of the live CD/USB matches that of the root.disk.

Also make sure all the .disk files (excluding swap.disk) are in the same location (this only applies if you have a usr.disk or home.disk). If you only have a root.disk, then that's all that's required.

See here for some examples: http://ubuntu-with-wubi.blogspot.ca/...ease-1204.html (note that the screen shots are for an older version and the script is now called wubi-move.sh, i.e. doesn't contain the versino: wubi-move-n.n.sh)

Beans

Oh, yeah, maybe I will do that soon. Thanks for your help