Thread: Kodak ESP 1.2 Printer & Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Kodak ESP 1.2 Printer & Ubuntu

I'm currently running Windows 8 Pro on my Laptop & I'm considering switching to Ubuntu, but I've got a Kodak ESP1.2 AIO Printer, and wondered if the Printer will work with Ubuntu?

Roland

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Kodak ESP 1.2 Printer & Ubuntu

I don't know what they are talking about, but have a read:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/19530...n-ubuntu-12-04
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

The link in the reply above suggests that you can tell the printer setup tool to use the (ppd file for the) Hero 9.1 printer. And the Kodak ESP 1.2 (and presumably also the ESP 3.2) will print.
    Since the ESP 1.2 and 3.2 do not have some of the features of the Hero 9.1 (like the photo paper tray and duplex) It might be better to tell the setup tool they are a Hero 3.1

To scan, you would need SANE. I might need to add these printers to the sane backend before they will work. Can anyone tell me the USB ID for them?
    Running lsusb in a terminal might find the USB ID.

Beans
    Distro

I've tried using the Hero 9.1 ppd file but when I print a test page I get a printer already in use error. I might give the Hero 3.2 ppd file a go though.

Roland

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by paulnewall View Post
    The link in the reply above suggests that you can tell the printer setup tool to use the (ppd file for the) Hero 9.1 printer. And the Kodak ESP 1.2 (and presumably also the ESP 3.2) will print.
    Since the ESP 1.2 and 3.2 do not have some of the features of the Hero 9.1 (like the photo paper tray and duplex) It might be better to tell the setup tool they are a Hero 3.1

To scan, you would need SANE. I might need to add these printers to the sane backend before they will work. Can anyone tell me the USB ID for them?
    Running lsusb in a terminal might find the USB ID.
    There was no Hero 3.1 ppd file in the Printer settings of 13.04 so I used the Hero 3.1 one and my esp 1.2 Printed the Test Page via Wifi , so one happy bunny, as I don't scan much I'm in no rush to setup the scanning as I only really use Printing & Copying.

Roland