Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

Beans

Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

It might not be an orthodox solution but Gnome tweak tool did solve the problem here. By letting the system managing the desktop (don't know if that's clear but first option in "desktop"), I could find back my desktop picture and could minimize/close windows as well. Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Adelard View Post
    It might not be an orthodox solution but Gnome tweak tool did solve the problem here. By letting the system managing the desktop (don't know if that's clear but first option in "desktop"), I could find back my desktop picture and could minimize/close windows as well. Hope this helps.
    Yeah I saw the same behavior here, compiz gets totally b0rked and unusable if you don't have nautilus managing the desktop. For some reason on the daily iso's when you run them live nautilus managing the desktop is disabled, but when I installed the system it had it enabled by default.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screaminj3sus View Post
    Yeah I saw the same behavior here, compiz gets totally b0rked and unusable if you don't have nautilus managing the desktop. For some reason on the daily iso's when you run them live nautilus managing the desktop is disabled, but when I installed the system it had it enabled by default.
    Decided to file a bug on the recent live images, (last tested was from thurs, the 18th) not having nautilus handling the desktop which makes the live session semi-worthless unless adjusted.
    Nothing yet (was mentioned it *may* be intentional.
    If they continue this on the 13.04 release then I don't think even the inmates are running the asylum...
    (I would be surprised if this is the release state of affairs

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1170483

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    If they continue this on the 13.04 release then I don't think even the inmates are running the asylum...
    Bwahahahaha, funboy3!

Haven't thought about that song in years!

Good one...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

I have the same problem any window's titlebar not clickable and if i tried to click it bring the below window
    Last edited by aactive; April 22nd, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I was surprised to see this still is broke on the final release. I installed the tweak tool and "Have file manager handle the desktop" was on default.
    We shall see. I click on the top right X button to close one thing and Firefox got closed.

Naw. still not fixed.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; April 25th, 2013 at 08:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Same problem here, after enabling grid plugin, either maximizing shows the top bar AND titlebar,

or it shows only the bar at the top of the screen, then de-maximizing makes the titlebar disappear completely.

Where has this bug been reported on launchpad, I'd like to keep an eye on it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Not sure if this is the exact bug that goes with this problem but, it is very annoying and it is still alive in Raring after final release and it is also present in Saucy as well.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1171451

I open several windows and click the x at the top to close one of them and it closes the wrong one like Firefox. Thankfully one can use the history to get back to where they were but really?
    This is a major pain in the neck and on a final release? There are only 8 people on that bug, there should be one for every person who installed Raring. That would get it fixed.

Or is there another bug besides the one above that we should all be marking that we are being affected by it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Not sure if this is the exact bug that goes with this problem but, it is very annoying and it is still alive in Raring after final release and it is also present in Saucy as well.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1171451

I open several windows and click the x at the top to close one of them and it closes the wrong one like Firefox. Thankfully one can use the history to get back to where they were but really?
    This is a major pain in the neck and on a final release? There are only 8 people on that bug, there should be one for every person who installed Raring. That would get it fixed.

Or is there another bug besides the one above that we should all be marking that we are being affected by it?
    That bug is unrelated - it's a by-product of nautilus not handling the desktop in a live session

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    That bug is unrelated - it's a by-product of nautilus not handling the desktop in a live session
    Oh thanks! Could someone please point out the correct bug. I tried to search for it but came up with the wrong one (above).

What I have is this: I open 4 windows let's just say. I maximize 3 of them and leave the forth unmaximized.

I click on the x to close one of the maximized windows that has the focus, the one on top and it closes one of the others behind the one on top.
    Is that what everyone else's system is doing?

It sure is annoying.

EDIT: Or am I wrong about this? I just tested 4 windows and they all closed as expected.
    EDIT2: Nope it did it again with just firefox maximised. Guess it just takes a while before the top buttons to not work.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; May 12th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast