Thread: RootsMagic 6

Beans

RootsMagic 6

I installed Ubuntu 12.10 ona 500 gig hard drive but when I try to get Wine 1.5 it starts to configure then stops with configure package Configuring ttf mscore fonts installer its a window with the EULA . How do I get this to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: RootsMagic 6

Same way you would in Windows, hit TAB until the OK button is selected and then hit ENTER.
    Cheesemill

Beans

Post RootsMagic 6

I installed Ubuntu 12.10 ona 500 gig hard drive but when I try to get Wine 1.5 it starts to configure then stops with configure package Configuring ttf mscore fonts installer its a window with the EULA . I am trying to install RootsMagic 6 it says I need Wine 1.5 for it to work.

Beans

Duplicate threads merged.

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Any particular reason for rootsmagic? There is a g.r.a.m.p.s. application that will run in Ubuntu. Also - if you were following a now outdated how-to that called for installing wine 1.3 via adding a ppa, you should instead install wine via the package manager. As already mentioned, you should be able to click on "accept" or what ever the option is for mscore fonts. If you are not getting that option please take a screen shot and post back here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by squakie View Post
    you should be able to click on "accept" or what ever the option is for mscore fonts. If you are not getting that option please take a screen shot and post back here.
    The ncurses screen for accepting the mscorefonts EULA is not mouse-clickable, which seems to confuse a lot of people.

Beans

RootsMagic 5 will no longer run under wine got it working with purchased crossover