Thread: book suggestions, mystery/action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/western

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

book suggestions, mystery/action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/western

I stopped reading for fun when I got into college... sadly. I'm near graduation and I'm interested in starting to read again. But when I go to the library... I have no idea what I like - I'm lost and I'd like to branch out from my old reading habits (mostly just Stephen King).

I like Stephen King, especially The Dark Tower. I like Dune, Watership Down, some Louis L'Amour... Anything mystery/action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/western to be honest. My current reading list is the following books: Ender's Game (Never read it and apparently it's the best thing ever), A Song of Fire and Ice (I like the TV show - Game of thrones, so this should be legit too), The Road, No Country For Old Men. Mostly taken from movies and tv if you didn't notice... I have no idea what new stuff has come out or all the great books that have been written!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! If you know of any exceptionally good audio books (Children of Men was particulary good IMO), that'd be cool too - it is a very underrated art in my opinion.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Need good book suggestions!

Trader Tales:Nathan Lowell...Excellent series of science fiction. These podcasts are read by the author.

http://podiobooks.com/title/trader-t...quarter-share/
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need good book suggestions!

Ken Follett writes some good page turners. Mostly historical fiction stuff. I particularly enjoyed his stories about the cathedral builders in the middle ages.

Beans

David Baldacci
    Lee Child
    Robert Ludlum

are a few authors that come to mind.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

If you haven't read ALL of the classics, now is the time: http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/top100.shtml
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Hi- you might want to check out "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline, it's a fun thriller with a nod to 80's pop culture and all things video game.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: book suggestions, mystery/action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/western

A sampling of mysteries: I've read all of CJ Box & Robert Crais & Louise Penny & Michael Connelly & William Kent Kreuger. If you want a glimpse of social ironies in late 1800s and early 1900s England, try Anne Perry, post-WW-I glimpses of England in Jacqueline Winspear's books. Read each author in order-of-publication if you can. Each writes well, and characters develop from one novel to the next.

Beans

Re: book suggestions, mystery/action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy/western

Murder on the Orient Express