Thread: Can you connect 2 computers with a ethernet cord to use both sets of ram and cpu's?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Can you connect 2 computers with a ethernet cord to use both sets of ram and cpu's?

Hello all.

I have a problem. i have 2 net books with screens that dont work. they are a asus aspire one (ubuntu 10.04) and a dell latitude d400 (ubuntu 11.10). i have a vga cord and have one of them connected to my t.v.

i would like to know that if there is a way to to connect them together with a ethernet cord to basicly make 1 computer, without taking them apart.

p.s. i would upgrade if i need to.

thank you for all your help

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can you connect 2 computers with a ethernet cord to use both sets of ram and cpu'

You can connect them together with a "crossover" Ethernet cable, but merging them into a single processor requires some specialized software. A better arrangement might be to dedicate one of them to being a file server and use the other for normal computing.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users