Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Samba Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Samba Issues

Its not re booting . I am half hoping i dont have a hardware issue. And which might of been causing these samba issues.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Were you running the VMs on your physical server? I thought you are doing all that on your desktop, I guess because I do that.

I leave my home server alone, I run VBox on my desktop.

When you say not rebooting, you mean it doesn't accept the reboot command because you need sudo for that, or what? I guess you can always force it to shut down on the power button but that should be the last option.

If you google that sudo error, does it give something relevant? You might be able to sort it out without reboot.
    Darko.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Running VBOX on Desktop for testing.

Server completely locked up. I had to go into my little server area and found it was completely frozen. So i had to hard shutdown. It will not load Ubuntu Server at all on start up.

So i looks like i might have to go into revovery mode for the first time on the physcal server (ever). I will e very annoyed if it was a hard drive failed. 5 of the 8 hard drives are under a year old.

While i was waiting for the server to boot up in recovery mode I tested Samba 4 on Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS with NFS running along side it, It does exactly the same thing. Im guessing there is a issue somewhere which causes Samba to not authenticate to the shares.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Been doing some more digging and i am guessing there is some sort of issues with some of the latest updates which effect Samba 4. Because when i go back to a fresh install snap shot of Ubuntu 12.04.2 Server Samba 4 work fine but when it updated it stops working.

My server is still working ok with NFS and still not sure what caused the problem of it going into read only mode. In the end i had to remove Samba 4 and went back to 3.6.3 to get the Windows Box's to connect to the server again. It is still performing very slow but it will do for the mean while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234