Thread: I have Dell Inspiron Mini 10. Ubuntu 12.04, wireless works, not Lubuntu. Why?

Beans

I have Dell Inspiron Mini 10. Ubuntu 12.04, wireless works, not Lubuntu. Why?

Greetings.
    Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbook is on Ubuntu certified list.
    If Lubuntu is official remix, why it cannot find my wireless adapter.
    12.04 LTS works FLAWLESSLY.
    But it is too fat for a netbook.
    I thought the "l" in lubuntu was for lightweight, so good for netbook.
    But the fat Ubuntu works flawlessly and the light lubuntu is dysfunctional.
    Why is this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: I have Dell Inspiron Mini 10. Ubuntu 12.04, wireless works, not Lubuntu. Why?

I use to have a Dell mini 9 running Ubuntu 8.04 back in the day and as time progressed when Unity came about the intel GMA 910 GPU and single core first gen Atom would run it but very slow. So I installed Lubuntu and this was before they where a official remix, the thing I found out was there was a proprietary driver Dell used on that machine for the wireless card and all I did was use the additional drivers applications to find and install it.

Beans

Re: I have Dell Inspiron Mini 10. Ubuntu 12.04, wireless works, not Lubuntu. Why?

Ok cool, thanks.
    So I just need to find that Drivers application in Lubuntu and look for the name of the wireless device, right?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You will need to be on the internet to get the drivers for wifi, so plug it in to someones ethernet cable that has internet, then look for additional drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

You can launch it with the jockey-gtk command.