Thread: Graphics Drivers not working (GT 610)

Beans

Graphics Drivers not working (GT 610)

I installed ubuntu on my computer earlier today since somehow windows got deleted off of it (longs story short, it was crashing all the time and at some point it wouldn't start becuase he bios or some crap was missing). Later on brother was playing FTL and ecountering some lag, so I was wondering what was going on since my computer isn't THAT bad. Well I got to figuring that mabey when I installed Ubuntu it deleted the graphics drivers, so it wasn't actually using the card. So I checked and sure enough when I looked, my graphics is "unknown".
    So I got the CD out of the box and tried to download the drivers off of that but of course, it was for windows only and wouldn't work. Then when I looked up the drivers on the Geforce website I came up with this http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/58596 which i downloaded and tried to run. But when I tried to open the file it just crashed.

If it helps the computer is a p7-1270t from HP. The graphics is a Nvidia Geforce GT 610 I got from newegg so I could play some more games, and it was working fine before this happened.

Sorry if im not clear enough, posting in the wrong forums, or just being stupid. I would really like some help with this though, so anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Beans

Re: Graphics Drivers not working (GT 610)

Beans

Re: Graphics Drivers not working (GT 610)

thanks