Hi,

I think I've arrived at some kind of twilight zone
I have a HP proliant MD350 G4 server with Windows 2003 installed. I wanted to create a dual boot with ubuntu.
The server has an ATI video card, which is not recognized by the live DVD. I managed to install ubuntu anyway (on a RAID1 drive), but now when I boot my server, I only get the message "Trying to boot from disc c:", and there it gets stuck.
I guess this is a problem with GRUB, so I started the boot repair disc. But because the harddisc is RAID1, the standard boot repair doesn't continue and indicates that I should use the linux secure remix version which is supposed to be able to handle RAID1 discs with a more advanced version.
When I start the linux secure remix DVD, it indicates that it doesn't recognize the video card, and that I should continue at low resolution. However, whatever I choose, I can't get past, the system gets stuck.

So... How can I proceed? Would it be possible to install the advanced boot repair version after starting up with the standard boot repair DVD? I have the feeling I'm at a non-standard combination of circumstances: unrecognized video card and ubuntu installed on a raid1 disc.

Any suggesions?

Best, Bo