Thread: FreeBSD 9.1 Packages not found

Beans

Unhappy FreeBSD 9.1 Packages not found

Hi, I have just installed the 64 bit (amd64) version of FreeBSD 9.1 in a VM in VirtualBox. I am not a newbie to FreeBSD, Linux, or Unix in general. It's great, but I have one massive problem. When I try and install a package (e.g. pkg_add -r packagename), it cannot find the package. It DOES have internet connectivity (I have successfully pinged www.google.com). I went to the site it is trying to get to in a web browser, and found that the folder it is trying to get to does not exist. Is there any way to change the folder that pkg_add gets the packages from on the FTP server, so that it gets them from the 9.0_release folder rather than the non-existent 9.1_release fi? Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Too many cooks don't spoil the broth with Linux, and Ubuntu is the best broth!

Mint-Ireland, Ubuntu-UK, SUSE-Germany, Fedora-USA, ROSA-From Russia, with Love!

Beans

Re: FreeBSD 9.1 Packages not found

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Moyse View Post
    Hi, I have just installed the 64 bit (amd64) version of FreeBSD 9.1 in a VM in VirtualBox. I am not a newbie to FreeBSD, Linux, or Unix in general. It's great, but I have one massive problem. When I try and install a package (e.g. pkg_add -r packagename), it cannot find the package. It DOES have internet connectivity (I have successfully pinged www.google.com). I went to the site it is trying to get to in a web browser, and found that the folder it is trying to get to does not exist. Is there any way to change the folder that pkg_add gets the packages from on the FTP server, so that it gets them from the 9.0_release folder rather than the non-existent 9.1_release fi? Your help is greatly appreciated!
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/freebs...-location.html

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3504
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

Smile Re: FreeBSD 9.1 Packages not found

Thanks, haqking!
    Too many cooks don't spoil the broth with Linux, and Ubuntu is the best broth!

Mint-Ireland, Ubuntu-UK, SUSE-Germany, Fedora-USA, ROSA-From Russia, with Love!