Thread: Is minimization bug fixed in 13.04?

Beans

Is minimization bug fixed in 13.04?

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone running the Ubuntu 13.04 daily build would help me figuring out if a certain bug in 12.10 has been taken care of.

The bug made me change to Mint and whether it is fixed or not will influence my decision on whether to change back to Ubuntu when 13.04 stable is released.

The bug is this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1069451 - the global menu and the launcher disappears when you minimize a program running full screen in 12.10.

The easiest way to test it would be to run Firefox fullscreen (f11) and then minimize it (ctrl+alt+0). Does this go as expected or are the global menu and laundher invisible until clicked?

Replies greatly appreciated - thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Is minimization bug fixed in 13.04?

As you can see in the bug report, it's still 'confirmed' meaning that it has not been actively solved. It might have been solved by coincidence as a consequence of another bug fix, but it's not likely.

The best answer is that you download the beta and test for yourself.

Moving your post to the development forum. When you participate in discovering and reporting bugs (and thanks for that) you will have better chances of getting a bug-free 13.04.
    Last edited by mörgæs; March 15th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Still exist.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Please confirm the bug for 13.04 in Launchpad. It's not likely that developers read the forum.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

so far for me 13.04 has been introducing more compiz bugs than it has been fixing
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have confirmed the bug in Raring. As Firefox is number 2 in the Launcher then super+2 will un-minimize Firefox and restoring it using F11 will bring back the global menu and the Launcher.

I am guessing that this has something to do with the secret max, min and close buttons on the right hand side of a full screen Firefox conflicting with the notification area.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530