I am using a Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX (046d:08d7), Lubuntu 12.10, and Skype 4.1.0.20.0-0ubuntu0.12.04.2 from the partner repos. With this camera in previous versions of linux I used to have to start skype version 2 with a "LD_PRELOAD ...v4l1compat.so skype" command to get video to work, but now I dont need to, as the setup works ok. Sound and video work ok in the setup interface and sound works fine in the test call, but when I do a video call the video works ok, but the other party cannot hear my sound. When I run it from the terminal there are lots of errors such as
Code:
ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused
ALSA lib pulse.c:243:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:551:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) The dsnoop plugin supports only capture stream
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:612:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:551:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) The dsnoop plugin supports only capture stream
(Many consecutive duplicate lines removed to save space)
Many of these errors relate to PulseAudio, which is not installed in Lubuntu, so they don't make much sense to me.