Thread: xbmc & kodi

Beans

xbmc & kodi

My plan is to give kodi a couple of months before installing it. I did a search on it and there seems to be enough problems to ward me off. I have xbmc (last version before switching to kodi) running just fine and doing what its supposed to with no problems. My reason for posting this is to see if others, more familiar with it all, feel approximately the same way. I am a bit concerned, also, about the video board. Its been handling the my version just fine but, I fear, kodi may need something more modern (my current xbmc machine is running with a 3 year old nvidia board). The initial release of kodi inferred that older cards just might not work with the new version.

Beans

Re: xbmc & kodi

kodi 14 is not a radical upgrade over xbmc 13. Be more specific about the issues you fear (give links...). A recent nvidia card should be fine for everything except maybe content in next gen formats (h.265, vp9).
    http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-0-helix-unwinds/

Beans

Thanks for the reply. My thoughts on this came as I read some of the problems people were having. Nothing was all that drastic but, since I am currently running with a copy that seems to work all the time, with few problems, I just thought I would probably be wise to be careful and just wait. As far as I can tell there are no real advantages, right now, in upgrading to kodi. I may be wrong (often am). Anyway, thanks again................

Beans

Thread moved.

PS. Running Kodi 14.0 here on a raspberry pi, no issues however my demands on it are fairly light.

Beans

I bit the bullet and installed kodi. Everything seems fine and dandy. Thank you for the replies as they gave me the courage to do the job.

Thanks again!