Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WHat is the most secure email service?

Soul-Sing is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: WHat is the most secure email service?

Lets pretend there is "you", and an "enemy". So there's a battle going on. A cyber battlefield so to say. How do want to survive? Standing with a tall white or red flag, saying your using TOR, VPN'S, and pretty good privacy? Strength in depth, and all other military terms. I introduce the strategy of being grey and dull, you never stand out in the masses. And no one is interested in you. Act or pretend being stupid, grey, but don't be it. And stop that enemy and "you" thinking.

Beans

Both Jakob Appelbaum and Robert Dingledine use Gmail

oh by the way, for those that wish to use Tor with their email but using an application from the torproject you can use torbirdy with thunderbird https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thu...ddon/torbirdy/

it is still being trialled but works great for me. It was created by Jakob initially and allows you use to use your client with whatever email service you use by using the onion network for a level of privacy.

Works with 4 different IMAP providers that I use.

In my experience it is still buggy with GMX and with mail.com but that is my mileage
    Last edited by haqking; March 21st, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Thunderbird is very well maintained and receives security patches from Mozilla, the developers of Firefox. I would couple that with Adblock+.

Beans

Yes, thunderbird+enigmail is my choice too, but it is too complex for most non-technical people to configure properly. I have configured Thunderbird, enigmail, a GPG key-pair and a gmail account all together on a bootable Ubuntu USB memory stick. Any non-technical person should be able to boot Ubuntu on his computer from this USB memory and click "thunderbird" and send/receive encrypted email. If someone doesn't want eavesdroppers to know who is sending email to whom (the metadata), create extra gmail accounts from a public WiFi hot-spot.

Beans

Public-key methods require that all your correspondents have keys and know how to use them. The number of people of my acquaintance who meet that requirement is zero.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

http://darkmail.info/ is a work-in-progress. Can't say when it'll be up and running though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold1995 View Post
    I would be very surprized if the government willingly supported so much illegal activity.
    Speak with a narcotics detective to understand how and why governments allow certain illegal activities.

TOR was designed by the U.S. Office of Naval Intellegence as a honeypot.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

mailpile.is. It's your own hosted service. Check it out.

Beans

1. countermail.com
    2. neomailbox.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234