Thread: User group changes with password change

Beans
    Hidden!

User group changes with password change

Hey,

After the 26th post, and about an hour, my user group was bumped up and I started editing my profile. And I changed my password, which immediately removed privileges and I start seeing the same super annoying "you do not have permission to access this page" message

Thanks for your help

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: User group changes with password change

When you change your e-mail you need to deal with the confirmation e-mail sent to you, that will move your usergroup.

Beans
    Hidden!

Hey, thanks. There was a delay till the confirmation popped up in my inbox. I'm not sure if I understand the point of this policy though.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by galfly View Post
    Hey, thanks. There was a delay till the confirmation popped up in my inbox. I'm not sure if I understand the point of this policy though.
    It's a security feature. Most (all?) forum software requires you to verify your email account whether on first registration or after changing the email address.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.