Thread: Gameboy Advance Emulator

Beans

Gameboy Advance Emulator

Hello, I use an Acer Aspire one running on Linux and I am dying to get my hands on an GBA emulator but I can't seem to get any to work. Could someone please give me a step-by-step of commands please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Gameboy Advance Emulator

Visualboy Advanced doesn't work for you?

What happens when you try it?
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

It just says it doesn't recognise it or something :/ could you do a step by step of what to do because I'm a newby :/

Beans

Just open the Ubuntu-software-center or the deepin-software-center and go to the games section and on deepin click the plus and go down to emmulation, On Ubuntu click simmulation or you might just have to type in the name and reinstall it.

Beans

I'm running 13.04x32 and I just used the command prompt to [sudo apt-get install visualboyadvance] and I cannot find a visualboyadvance anywhere I know to look on my computer. The same exact thing happened with a WiFi driver yesterday and is still unresolved (I've been using Linux for like 4 days). Am I doing it wrong? Am I not looking in the right place? I just want to play some pokemon.

Beans
    Hidden!

In my opinion, Mednafen is the best emulator. It supports GBA emulator and a lot more.

Beans

sudo apt-get install visualboyadvance-gtk
    sudo apt-get update

Beans

I agree with geoaraujo. I've been using Linux for about two years now, and I do a lot of gaming. Mednafen is the best for running GBA games.

When I first got the Mother series up and running on my laptop, I used ZSNES for Earthbound, Mednafen for Mother 3, and VirtuaNES for Mother 1.

If you want to customize the keys in Mednafen (which I recommend) or you just want to know the keys you can use, go here for keyboard shortcuts. For customization, it should be under the second table.