Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant watch film

Hybrid View

Beans

cant watch film

Hello
    I try to watch this film: thoughtmaybe.com/just-do-it/
    but it doesnt work. I can see the title with the startbutton, which doesnt work, and the window, where the film should play, is black. Normally i can watch anything, no problem. I allowed the scripts for this site, allowed the cookies for the session, but no, it doesnt work. I installed the mplayer from the softwarecenter (usually using vlc, allways worked very well) and installed openjdk 7 with the iceteaplugin. a bit of everything i read on the way through the helpsites. plugins are up to date, only the quick time isnt, but it leads me to mac without linux link.
    Normally a shockwaveflash would ask for playing, its up to date, i checked, but here nothing happens, just nothing.
    Would be very very glad for help, cause this site has a lot of films i would love to watch!
    kindly
    brutzel
    Last edited by brutzel; March 9th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: cant watch film

Works fine here, it's just a standard flash video.

Using Firefox with the flash plugin from the repos.
    Cheesemill

Beans

thx for helping
    do you mean another one than the shockwave flash plugin?
    I have the adobe flash plugin 2012 - 09 - 15 installed too
    Last edited by brutzel; March 8th, 2013 at 11:36 PM.

Beans

i de- and reinstalled the adobe flash plugin. still the same, i cant watch films on this site.
    i dont understand this. anybody else got an idea, what im doing wrong? now i go to sleep, ill be back tomorrow to see, if anybody has posted something. good night

Beans

a friend tells me, that on this site the films start automaticly, now could it be that this is the problem? that somewhere i forbided to start automaticly? but how? i checked everything and cant find anything telling not to start films automaticly. i ve got scriptblocker, but allowed the scripts for the site. allowed it in adblock too, but maybe theres something, i dont know. hmm. still hoping for help.

Beans

Disable your addon blockers and try again.
    Works here in opera and FF.

Beans

did this allready, easy with firefox, but film still didnt work. must be something with adobe flash plugin. reinstalled it again today, tried flash aid as well, nothing helps. youtube no problem. strange. flash aid says, that my architecture is 64bit and would suggest another beta plugin, but it doesnt function cause the hash (md5) is not correct while installing the beta version. im not shure which one to take on the homepage of adobe. so i reinstalled the one in the ubuntu software center with all the extras as well.
    I ll work myself through the tutorial, in the forum. first i thought it might be a little too old, but its better than nothing. the thing thats really strange is, that all the other sites work...
    and i havent got a lot of time to do research on the topic, im dislocating and tired in the evening and just wanting to watch a film and fall dead asleep
    Last edited by brutzel; March 9th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Beans

cant believe it: worked through the tutorial (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683), did the special flash comands too, still cant watch films on this site thoughtmaybe.com. also not with addons desabled. youtube works fine. inspected with firebug it tells me server down, but why then everybody else can watch the films there?!? tried before the tutorial several other options, multiple de- and reinstalling flashplugin. now i really dont know what to do else. if anybody could help, this would be great. what could it be?!

Beans

Maybe the source is blocked from you somehow? Can you ping the thoughtmaybe.com servers at 108.162.196.68 or 108.162.197.68? If so, try running "telnet 108.162.196.88 80" from the command prompt? Does the server reply?
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

thank you Seiji Sensei for helping
    adblock plus could be blocking, but its disabled for thoughtmaybe! i disabled every addon there. So:
    i pinged for the first time in my life... a long line of this 108.162.196.68 came back, again and again and seconds, dont know really how to say, but looks to me like an answer from the pinged server. then i did this: telnet 108.162.196.88 80
    and this was the answer:
    Trying 108.162.196.88...
    Connected to 108.162.196.88.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    Connection closed by foreign host.

how and why a foreign host closes the connection? strange...
    just have read 10 pages about connection closed by foreign host and there are 10 different answers... hm.
    hoping for further help...

kindly
    brutzel
    Last edited by brutzel; March 10th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast