Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant watch film

Beans

Re: cant watch film

If the remote host closes the connection immediately, there is likely some rule on the server that blocks connections from your IP address. The fact that you can connect initially indicates that you're not being blocked by your ISP or anyone else in between you and the remote server. I'd send an email to the site manager and ask there.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

i deleted this message.
    Last edited by brutzel; March 17th, 2013 at 07:34 PM.

Beans

Sorry SeijiSensei, i didnt see this answer before, only now when i checked for an answer to my last post now... yes i tried before allready to contact the homepage, but under contact nothing appears. hm. i suppose i have to get social and watch the films with friends, which could make this problem to something useful and interesting... but still im quite puzzled how something like this could happen. i think its really strange.

Beans

i tried via proxy, this should work (if its like SeijiSensei says), but it doesnt. still lookin for solution, so i would be happy to try other suggestions.
    i have to lay a lot, cause im handicapped and cant run to friends, every time i have to kill time. today i would have loved to watch a film there, finished a good book and wasnt ready for a new book allready. hm, and i dont like things not working!

Beans

Install google-chrome which has it's own flash plugin
    and try.

Beans

wow, now this is funny! i just logged in again to write, that i have installed chromium browser and i will use this one to watch the films there! and here you are with the same idea! works perfect. but im still curious why firefox doesnt... so ill leave this one unsolved, in case somebody knows a trick for firefox, my favourite browser
    and thank you stinkeye, a pitty you didnt write this allready last week! im too stupid, that i didnt tried this earlier, thinking over and over on a solution for firefox, not seeing the simple way out...
    so i log out now and gonna watch finally this wanted films
    happy dayz!
    brutzel

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by brutzel View Post
    wow, now this is funny! i just logged in again to write, that i have installed chromium browser and i will use this one to watch the films there! and here you are with the same idea! works perfect. but im still curious why firefox doesnt... so ill leave this one unsolved, in case somebody knows a trick for firefox, my favourite browser
    and thank you stinkeye, a pitty you didnt write this allready last week! im too stupid, that i didnt tried this earlier, thinking over and over on a solution for firefox, not seeing the simple way out...
    so i log out now and gonna watch finally this wanted films
    happy dayz!
    brutzel
    I actually looked at this thread when you started it but people were already answering
    and thought someone would mention chrome.
    Adobe isn't supporting flash on linux anymore.
    Chrome uses it's own Pepper Plugin for flash
    The sooner flash dies the better.
    Last edited by stinkeye; March 17th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    The sooner flash dies the better.
    amen to that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12