Thread: Drag and Drop - Changing App Focus

Beans

Drag and Drop - Changing App Focus

So I use Google Chrome, and on both Windows and Ubuntu, I am able to drag and drop files to send as attachments.

I often have the windows tiled in front of each other. In Windows, it is easy to pick up the file from Explorer, drag to the taskbar and hover over Chrome to bring it to focus. Then while still holding onto the file, I can drop it onto the email to add it as an attachment.

As yet, I haven't figured a way to do this on Ubuntu. If I am writing an email and want to add an attachment, I can skip over to nautilus and grab the file. If I can still see Chrome in the background I can drop it on there and all is fine. Often, however, nautilus is maximized and I have to un-maximize it, etc.

Basically, is there a way to change application focus while dragging and dropping? (Alt-tab while dragging doesn't do it)

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Drag and Drop - Changing App Focus

bump

This is a real nag for me also, i use to be an alt-tabbing ninja at this and now thats gone in ubuntu.
    But surely there must be an alternative way to acheiving these results quickly... ?

Has anyone figured out how to drag and drop files in an in-browser web app thats out of focus while the currently focused window is fullscreen?
    These are basic tasks and I dont want to be playing around with window alignment all day.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Drag and Drop - Changing App Focus

Thank you for sharing. Everyone’s questions and answers are valuable.

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.

Thread closed.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.