I am having difficulty installing Ubuntu 12.10 (64 bitAMD is) from CD on a brand new system I have built. These are my specs:

MSI Z77 GD65 mobo
i5 3570k
ASUS 12x BluRay Writer (12W-12B1ST)
120GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
WD Green 2TB HD
16GB DRAM

The machine boots and I can access the BIOS without a problem. I have set the boot order to CD first (AHCI mode).

My iso's md5 checksum is ok. I have used the CD both to Liveboot and to install into a virtual box (as a guest) on another computer, so I do not think it is an issue with the burn.

I get the initial Ubuntu screen (purple) and can hit a button to get to the menu where you get the 5 choices (Run Ubuntu without installing, Install Ubuntu, Memory Check, Check CD integrity, etc)

If I pick anything other than memory check (or just let the liveCD continue to load) it puts me in the BuzyBox screen with the error in the title and only the ability to use commands listed by typing 'help'

Memory check gives me crazy errors starting on Test #7 (though this seems to be a well known bug in Ubuntu's 12.10 edition of Mem86). The memory sticks are brand new and Im not concerned about my memory.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!