Thread: XFX 5770 and Eyefinity w/3 LCD's

Beans

Question XFX 5770 and Eyefinity w/3 LCD's

Ok I am new to Linux and have been trying with not much success to get Eyefinity to work. I have followed several threads and tutorials and can't get my XFX 5770 GPU to push my 3 LCD's.

The end result is always either a black screen or boot-up to login and then a blank desktop with no icons. Can anyone shed some light onto this and maybe a good tutorial? I am trying all of this on 12.10 64-bit

thanks

theDogger

Beans

Re: XFX 5770 and Eyefinity w/3 LCD's

Hi there. I know with some of the more advanced gfx cards you can have those problems. I have 2 NVIDIA Geforce cards and whenever I install Ubuntu I have to boot with the nomodeset flag. Then I am able to boot into Ubuntu. Then I install proprietary NVIDIA drivers and update the bootloader ( because that flag was temporary ). I don't know if eyefinity ( is that ATI ? ) has drivers that will work for Linux. I know NVIDIA has some but I seem to have trouble with more advanced gfx cards. I am currently running dual monitors with my setup and I did have to mess around with it. Sorry if this isn't much help. So yeah first step is get proper drivers haha

Beans

Well something is better than nothing. Yes the Eyefinity is ATI's multi screen technology. I have two DVI out and a Display port. In windows I can run the 3 LCD together as one or individual's. As a need to start learning Linux has come about I am not off to a great start.

theDogger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

I don't have an answer -- but I know a place that might. Go over to the Phoronix forums and do a search there. They do a LOT of testing of AMD Linux drivers, both open-source, and restricted, including the beta versions. You may find the answer there.
    Ubuntu 16.10 Mate, Mint 18 Mate; MS Win 8.1, MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

Perfect thanks for the help!

theDogger