Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you keep yourself organized?

Beans

How do you keep yourself organized?

I've always thought about how people do that. Where do you keep your notes, information and interesting things you end up discovering in the magical webz?

I keep most of the things in a bunch of txts, which means I end up opening 10~12 txts every day to check/write random things. I feel very disorganized in this environment, and would like a better alternative, even though I don't know any.

I also don't like Evernote myself, but that's just me.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Re: How do you keep yourself organized?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I use Remember the Milk. It supports just about every type of device and other service under the sun, so it's easy to keep everything synced across different OSes, on the move, etc. I mostly use it on my phone tbh, a to-do list is no good if it's not always in your pocket IMO.
    Last edited by Paqman; February 3rd, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am just happy being somewhat disorganised...

But I use Notes on my Android phone (open source basic notes app), and intermittently share them to Evernote (which is too slow for regular use on my phone - but otherwise quite good for my needs, and allows sharing between users).

I also use Pocket for saving web pages / news articles directly from my RSS feed reader on my phone.

Both Evernote and Pocket sync with web clients.

For specific projects, I use tiddlywiki from my browser, which has the benefit of wiki links between notes and search function.

Beans

Years ago? I never was

These days I simply use my Smartphone and Evernote

Beans

Dropbox is good for storing txt files and such. Also apps on android that sync notes online somewhere are great. For stuff not as important I use the xfce notes app
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 17.10 Artful Aardvark

I stopped trying
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." --Flash Rosenberg

Beans

Calendar: Google Calendar
    Tasks: Astrid (trying it out after using Toodledo for some time)
    Notes: Zim (personal wiki)

Google calendar integrates seamlessly with the Gnome desktop and my Android smart phone. Astrid has slick clients for the web and Android (with real-time sync).

I keep my Zim notes in Dropbox, so they they are available on my home desktop, work desktop and laptop. Zim doesn't have an Android client, but the wiki pages are text files so I can use the Dropbox app to access them from my phone.

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

I am unorganised, but I know where my stuffs are and I have good memory (not being boastful but I never need notes to remind me of things and if I work out something I would remember it so I only scribbles on books' margin or loose paper, once I go through the process I can throw away the paper or erase the margin because it is now in my ram) Creative people are not organised.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

I don't bother.

The great thing about forgetting everything is that I'm always having a new experience.

No matter how often I've had it before!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast