Thread: RT2860 Wifi driver on Lubuntu 10.04

Beans

RT2860 Wifi driver on Lubuntu 10.04

Hi!

I am using a Zotac Zbox Nano VD01 Plus mini-pc running Lubuntu 10.04.

I am all new to Linux, but I have dived into it out of curiousity, and after a lot of trouble, I finally got everything to work - except for the Wifi.

A Google search showed that others have had trouble with this driver too, but the guide (i actually used this one, but it is the same, the first one is the source) that seems to make it work for everyone else, but it just will not do it for me.

I have followed all the steps several time, but at the 5th step after the 'make' and 'make install' it goes wrong. I have no wireless device with that name, in fact I have no wireless devices at all. Following the rest of the steps anyway, does not change that fact, there is still no wireless devices on the machine (using ifconfig / iwconfig).

Any idea why this is the case?

As i stated earlier, I am new to Linux in general, so it might just be some basic thing.

Also, I probably forgot to mention something, but I hope someone is able to help me.

Thank you in advance!

- wazzadaya

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: RT2860 Wifi driver on Lubuntu 10.04

In the first place Lubuntu 10.04 is no longer supported, so I would recommend that you download and install a newer version that is still supported (12.04 or 12.10).
    Rex
    Lubuntu 16.04

Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Re: RT2860 Wifi driver on Lubuntu 10.04

I started out with 12.04, but then the graphic driver did not work, but if it will make the wifi drivers work, then i will give it another go with the graphic driver in 12.04.