Internet slowdown - Firefox/Chrome, Ubuntu 12.04, 64bit
I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit on a custom built machine that's about 5 years old. (2nd gen Pentium quad core, 8 GB RAM, Gigabyte P65 mobo, nVidia Geforce 8600 GTS.)
I did the Wubi install, dual boot with Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Both Firefox and Chrome slow down after a few minutes of usual (within 5-7 minutes of opening browser). Slows to the point of being unusable.
At a glance:
- CenturyLink ISP
- 7 year old Netgear wireless router, (can't find the model # off hand, will update when I get home)
- Connecting wirelessly with a Netgear USB wireless card, AE1000.
- I have no other applications running during slowdown.
- Windows has no issues, uses all the same hardware (dual boot).
- ip6 not checked, only using v4
- Firefox and Chrome are both the latest versions
I've been searching the forums off and on for several weeks and haven't had any luck fixing this. Several internet searches have not turned up anything useful.
What commands could I go to give more information?
If you're able to give any time or attention to this, thank you in advance.
Last edited by thenox; March 7th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
Tags for this Thread