Thread: LibreOffice .desktop file contents wanted

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

LibreOffice .desktop file contents wanted

Can someone who uses LibreOffice 3.6 installed by default with Ubuntu or installed from the PPA please post the contents of the .desktop file for LibreOffice Calc or Writer? It should be in here: /usr/share/applications.

I don't want the .desktop file if you've installed LibreOffice directly from libreoffice.org!

Thanks!
    Last edited by vasa1; March 8th, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.
    Use ubuntu-support-status with caution.

Beans

Re: LibreOffice .desktop file contents wanted

I have version 3.6.2.2 installed by default with Ubuntu. In that directory, I have a symbolic link to /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/calc.desktop

The contents of that file are below:

Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Version=1.0
    Terminal=false
    Icon=libreoffice-calc
    Type=Application
    Categories=Office;Spreadsheet;
    Exec=libreoffice --calc %U
    MimeType=application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet-template;application/vnd.sun.xml.calc;application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template;application/msexcel;application/vnd.ms-excel;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet;application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.template;application/vnd.ms-excel.template.macroenabled.12;application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroenabled.12;text/csv;application/x-dbf;text/spreadsheet;application/csv;application/excel;application/tab-separated-values;application/vnd.lotus-1-2-3;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart;application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart-template;application/x-dbase;application/x-dos_ms_excel;application/x-excel;application/x-msexcel;application/x-ms-excel;application/x-quattropro;application/x-123;text/comma-separated-values;text/tab-separated-values;text/x-comma-separated-values;text/x-csv;
    Name=LibreOffice Calc
    GenericName=Spreadsheet
    GenericName[zu]=Ikhasi lokubala
    Comment=Perform calculations, analyze information and manage lists in spreadsheets by using Calc.
    Comment[zu]=Perform calculations, analyze information and manage lists in spreadsheets by using Calc.
    InitialPreference=5
    X-Ayatana-Desktop-Shortcuts=X-New
    [X-New Shortcut Group]
    Name=New Spreadsheet
    Name[zu]=New Spreadsheet
    Exec=libreoffice --calc %U
    TargetEnvironment=Unity

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

[QUOTE=BlindSoothsayer;12545661]I have version 3.6.2.2 installed by default with Ubuntu. In that directory, I have a symbolic link to /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/xdg/calc.desktop

Thank you very much! I'm sorry I didn't thank you earlier!

I'll mark it [Solved] as soon as I can figure out how to do so.

Edit: I wanted to know the sequence of 'Name=' and 'Exec=' lines. For whatever reason, LibreOffice .desktop files have an odd order. Most .desktop files have the Name= line first.
    Last edited by vasa1; March 8th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Shortened urls: See point #11 here. And clicking on them could be risky.
    Use ubuntu-support-status with caution.

Beans

I'm glad I could help! I am pretty new to Ubuntu, so if you ask me to do much more than post the contents of a file, I probably won't be of much use.