Thread: Graphics drivers, overclocking, and beats audio i need some help

Beans

Exclamation Graphics drivers, overclocking, and beats audio i need some help

Hi just whanna thank you in advance for all the help youve people have given me now to the questions

graphics: Hello im running ubuntu 12.4.2 (originnally just 12.4.1 if that makes a diffence) im running a amd 6480g graphics card amd still fully supports my graphics card now i would like to install the latest driver package from amd (maybe the new 13.1 ) on my system due to i like to game on it and watch movies on my tv through hdmi well i got the old 8.96.7.120312a-135598c-ati driver package and 2.14 catalyst control center version auto installed by additianl drivers now you can only imagine how bad t is lol honestly performance is nice on my laptop screen just 2d games but i cant even play 3d games it shutters during movies and it makes my fans sound like a jet engine (common bug in old versions) (im running 13.1 in windows and its awesome smooth performance nice and quite) And i would love to update to the latest version i can here my x.org info (((((X.Org X Server 1.11.3
    Release Date: 2011-12-16
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.42-34-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    Current Operating System: Linux ubuntu 3.2.0-38-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 19 12:18:21 UTC 2013 x86_64
    Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-38-generic root=UUID=35c4d6c3-bb88-4194-a719-d66789ef950f ro quiet splash nomodeset vt.handoff=7
    Build Date: 17 January 2013 06:14:10AM
    xorg-server 2:1.11.4-0ubuntu10.11 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support)
    Current version of pixman: 0.24.4
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.))))))

sound: Hello is there anyway to install beats controll panel in ubuntu? i love how in windows you can up the bass and other things in it

Procceser: I have a amd-A4 which supports massive overclocking when using fusion tweaker or k10stat in windows is there anyway to do this in ubuntu easily?

WHOOO That was alot lol thanks i advance
    Last edited by Bradley129; March 6th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.

Beans

Re: Graphics drivers, overclocking, and beats audio i need some help

Also my version number says 12.04.2 but i still have grub 1.99 any ideas?

Beans

anybody? i would really love to have the latest catayst version i have all the requirments on the 13.1 page but it says its for ubuntu 12.10 would it work on 12.04 though?

Beans

nobody? im fxin mark as solved i guees :/

Beans

nvm got it going

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley129 View Post
    nobody? im fxin mark as solved i guees :/
    Please be patient. We're a multinational community. If it's not fixed, then marking the thread as "solved" will discourage people from another time zone who might be able to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley129 View Post
    nvm got it going
    Feel free to share what you did to fix things, so that others with a similar problem might be able to benefit.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

yea im got impatient and starting replying to myself lol well now i got a new problem i just upgraded to the latest amd 13.2 beta 7 except i have one little problem all the drivers installed correctly as you see in the first screenshot which displays the driver date and as you can clearly see the amd testing watermark now look at the 2nd screen shot what in the hell am i doing with the old ass catalst i hought i got rid of you lol now how can i get the latest 13.2 catalst and more importantly how did this one survive the new driver install?Screenshot from 2013-03-06 22:58:50.jpgScreenshot from 2013-03-06 22:59:22.jpg