Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 Still On Course for April Release?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 Still On Course for April Release?

Very true...you know i am the only one who seem to have reported the bug that 13.04 has in that when you change the touchpad settings, they don't "lock in" but go back to the default...i wonder if they even ever looked at my bug report...and i have no way of saying "hey developers...check this out!"...and getting their attention...
    And the quicktime videos (on itune movie trailers) is still broken too...neither seem to be getting fixed...
    Last edited by craig10x; March 9th, 2013 at 04:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Very true...you know i am the only one who seem to have reported the bug that 13.04 has in that when you change the touchpad settings, they don't "lock in" but go back to the default...i wonder if they even ever looked at my bug report...and i have no way of saying "hey developers...check this out!"...and getting their attention...
    And the quicktime videos (on itune movie trailers) is still broken too...neither seem to be getting fixed...
    I get the feeling 13.04 is going to end up as an ugly stepchild release. At first I was excited because they seemed to be focusing on daily quality and reducing regressions, and things were great for a while, but recently I've seen a ton of regressions in 13.04, and it worries me since its getting late in the dev cycle. I have a bad feeling that some things may be ignored with ubuntu's current stack (compiz for example) since canonical's developers are moving on to greener QT/QML pastures.
    Desktop: Windows 8 x64 | Intel Core i5-2500 | 16 GB DDR3 1333 | ATI 6950 2gb | 64gb Vertex 2/320gb/750gb/1tb hdd
    Laptop: System76 Lemur Ultra | Xubuntu 13.04 x64 | 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5-3210m | 8GB DDR31600 | Intel HD4000 | 500GB 7200rpm hybrid hdd

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by screaminj3sus View Post
    I get the feeling 13.04 is going to end up as an ugly stepchild release. At first I was excited because they seemed to be focusing on daily quality and reducing regressions, and things were great for a while, but recently I've seen a ton of regressions in 13.04, and it worries me since its getting late in the dev cycle. I have a bad feeling that some things may be ignored with ubuntu's current stack (compiz for example) since canonical's developers are moving on to greener QT/QML pastures.
    I'd think compiz, compiz/unity will be around for a bit longer, whether it's fixed/improved in that time I don't know, though it appears to still be getting commits, ect.
    (don't really get the diff between lp:compiz & lp:compiz/raring, the latter being recently created (at least it says so.
    see one of your bugs with a fix approved & jenkins ok on later, jenkins fail on former

If I could bet against a usable unity next & or mir on the desktop in 14.04 I'd certainly do so

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12