Thread: safesaver plugin

Beans

safesaver plugin

hi, over the last few weeks or so i have been having real issues with FF with reference to email. when i open my inbox i get annoying ads pop up and this frustrates the pants of me since the inbox wont load so in effect i cant read email. i have since learnt this annoying fearture is called safesaver.
    i have looiked at it on WWW but i can only find ways to get rid of this adware if i was using MS. how on earth do i 1) get rid of this and 2) avoid getting it in the first place?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: safesaver plugin

To avoid adware just needs constant vigilance on what you click on & what you agree to when installing stuff etc but even then .....
    I use chrome personally but you could have a look in the .mozilla directory which lives in your home directory ( ls -al lists all files & hidden directories ), there might be something in there.

I know with some programmes when you delete the correspinding . (dot) file or directory, the programme starts as if you've never used it before. That might be the case for FF too but it will certainly delete all your settings & short cuts.

Maybe just rename .mozilla & try it. If it works, it works, if not just rename it back again.

Can't really think of anything else. Good luck.

Beans

ok tried that and a search for this flaming file nothing found on entire system. im ondering if it has something to do with some updates that was installed some time ago?? also i am very careful to what i click on on WWW, hence thinking it was an update. also i now recall this happened when i installed 13.04. who knows??

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    I know with some programmes when you delete the correspinding . (dot) file or directory, the programme starts as if you've never used it before. That might be the case for FF too but it will certainly delete all your settings & short cuts.

Maybe just rename .mozilla & try it. If it works, it works, if not just rename it back again.
    Yes this works for firefox also, I just delete .mozilla in home directory.
    Code:
    ok tried that and a search for this flaming file nothing found on entire system. im ondering if it has something to do with some updates that was installed some time ago?? also i am very careful to what i click on on WWW, hence thinking it was an update. also i now recall this happened when i installed 13.04. who knows??
    firefox is moving very fast right now the devs for extensions or addons are having a tough time keeping up!