Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LibreOffice 4.0.1 Final (2013-03-06)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: LibreOffice 4.0.1 Final (2013-03-06)

Quote Originally Posted by na5h View Post
    The manual download didn't have support for the Unity appmenu. Don't know whether they've fixed it yet...
    You are 100% Correct.

Manual Install -------------------------------------------------------PPA Inatall
    Screenshot.png Screenshot PPA.png

Originally LibreOffice 4.0.1 would not come up when I added the Main PPA ppa:libreoffice/ppa so I ended up trying the 4.0.x PPA ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0.

That allowed me to install LibreOffice 4.0.1 but the appmenu did not work correctly plus the LibreOffice Toolbar Menu looked different and Not in a good way.

So I installed it Manually and like you pointed out the appmenu was not working but at least the Toolbar Menu looked the way it is supposed to.

I just tested the ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0 in VirtualBox and it is now working correctly also.

Maybe they were still uploading some of the Packages or maybe something was FUBAR that has since been fixed.

I wonder if it matters which PPA is used, the Main PPA or the 4.0.x PPA to keep LibreOffice 4 up to date?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by The Spectre View Post
    . . . .I just tested the ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-4-0 in VirtualBox and it is now working correctly also.

Maybe they were still uploading some of the Packages or maybe something was FUBAR that has since been fixed. . . .
    Reassured by your comments, I just followed na5h's suggestion of adding the LibreOffice ppa, ignored the warning that appears in the terminal, added
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    and, using the Synaptic Package Manager, easily installed LibreOffice 4.0.1 in Linux Mint Maya (which is based on Ubuntu 12.04).

LO 4.0.1 appears to be functioning just fine.
    Last edited by rewyllys; March 8th, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

neu5eeCh is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ssam View Post
    I guess that is this issue https://www.libreoffice.org/bugzilla...g.cgi?id=36117

If you have a simple doc/docx file with vertically aligned text that LO fails to open attach it to the bug.
    Yeah... That's *my* bug report. Apparently, I'm not squeaking loudly enough.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by The Spectre View Post
    I wonder if it matters which PPA is used, the Main PPA or the 4.0.x PPA to keep LibreOffice 4 up to date?
    Well...the 4.0.x PPA will only get updates for LibreOffice 4, whereas the main PPA will get updates for future versions as well (and will update LibreOffice 4 to the next version when it becomes available).

Beans

Any word on when LOv4 will be added to the repo's?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Version 4.0.1.2 (Build ID: 400m0(Build:2)) is in the raring repos
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12