Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Call for support: Ask Electronic Arts to bring Origin and their games to Linux.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Call for support: Ask Electronic Arts to bring Origin and their games to Linux.

the do have battlefield 3 which i would like to playbut i would need to buy windows 7 for that.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans

Re: Call for support: Ask Electronic Arts to bring Origin and their games to Linux.

...to be Battlefield 2, 3 and BC and Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle earth are the nice games they have. I am sure my girlfriend would be very happy about Sims. In the end I own Windows 7 due to MSDNAA but I want to get rid of it. Dualboot sucks as hell.

Beans

Re: Ask EA to bring Origin and their games to Linux. NEED Support!

Quote Originally Posted by Am Elder View Post
    I say, don't write to customer support. The CEO makes the strategic business decisions at EA or directly oversees the people who do.
    ...do you know how to contact such a guy? O.o

Beans

Why would you want someone to release malware on Ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ask EA to bring Origin and their games to Linux. NEED Support!

Quote Originally Posted by cRaZyBisCuiT View Post
    ...do you know how to contact such a guy? O.o
    Sure. Start with an internet search. He's on Google+ and Twitter for example. These have the benefit of being public.

With some research you could probably figure out the postal address of the CEO's office at EA. If you had a large and motivated group of people who supported this idea, a big pile of physical mail showing up in anyone's office at least forces them to have a conversation about it. It's a serious show of commitment.

It even possible you might be able to find his email address, though I have to say I don't think email is a good way to make a petition. It's private, hard to coordinate, requires a small investment of effort, and is would be too susceptible to fake broad support.

For an effective collective action you want to show worthiness, unity, numbers, and commitment (WUNC). To demonstrate worthiness you have to make the case compelling. For numbers you need lots of people. For unity, you need them all saying the same thing at the same time. For commitment, you need to do something that takes effort.

First, though, you need to find other people who want what you want. So far, I'm not seeing a lot of support on this forum. Your idea of starting a facebook group is a good one, though. It would allow you to identify people who might be willing to do more.
    Last edited by Am Elder; March 8th, 2013 at 08:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by R33D3M33R View Post
    They ruined the C&C franchise, destroyed the best casual game company ever (PopCap), they ruined Bioware (the Mass Effect series), ... (must i go on?).
    I agree, I do hate EA, but I did like CnC Generals. In fact I think that's the last EA game that I actually enjoyed... Oh no, Crysis. I did enjoy Crysis.

Beans
    Hidden!

Generals were also great for me, and I do like C&C 3, but look what they did to Red Alert 3 and C&C 4. Generals 2 will be probably horrible (Free to Play or better Pay 2 Win) with no SP. I played Crysis demo and it was fun, but I never purchased the full game because of the DRM. I also own Dead Space 1 (Steam with no activation limits) and it was pretty fun, but with Dead Space 3 the series is dying. And so on ...

Beans

EA ruin every game they get their hands on why would we want them?!

Just look at what they have done to Sim City, ruined because of their extreme DRM measures.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

EA destroyed great games (Mass Effect, C&C ...), that is what happens when you cook and prioritize fast production for more products, and therefore more money.
    Quantity is more important than quality. I have a couple of origin games, but I seriously doubt of any future purchases, and I do not know if an origin native client will be rewarding both for linux community and for them. Good luck.
    One vision, one purpose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

So instead of getting Linux support spread the word to EVERYONE to boycott EA. EA has pissed off almost their clients. The only way for them to learn is to loose money.
    Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
    Videocard: Radeon HD5850 1GB
    Ram: 2x 4GB DDR3-1333 Single
    Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T Tray

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast