Thread: Lubuntu Software Center needs developers

Beans

Lubuntu Software Center needs developers

According to a post on Facebook, things are stalled. I'm putting up an image because I don't know how to link to Facebook stuff:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Lubuntu Software Center needs developers

Yeah, things seemed stalled in the Launchpad project since a while ago. It’s a shame that I don’t know how to program…

Beans

Shame here too I hope they find someone. I wonder if they'll still include LSC in 13.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

They spread themselves thin because there never is enough volunteers to do the job. Unfortunately I'm in the same situation that you guys appear to be in, I know absolutely nothing about programing. I do remember that before the Lubutu Software Center was added to the repositories you still had the Synaptic Package Manager and apt-get to update and install programs. The Software Center was nice because you could see what was available in one place without searching in Synaptic. In a pinch, if you do remember the Ubuntu Software Center did work in Lubuntu. I used it before the LSC was released.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans

Why can't they just use the same software center as Ubuntu? That works so much better.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You can use what you want. I just said that it used to work with Lubuntu. I would assume that it still does. It was so much nicer to have our own.
    Rex
    Ubuntu Arizona LoCo Team - The Hottest LoCo on Earth
    Arizona LoCo |Arizona Team Wiki|Arizona Launchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by JLeon85 View Post
    Why can't they just use the same software center as Ubuntu? That works so much better.
    Ubuntu Software Center is a quite heavy program, that's why they decided to develop a lighter alternative. Personally I use Synaptic in my Lubuntu installations, but I understand why a more newcomer friendly package manager with ratings is seen as desirable, perhaps something like http://appnr.com/ is more than enough?

Beans

I didn't realize you could use either one in Lubuntu. I do hope some programmers help out with it. This is one of the downsides of having a million distros out there, it means fewer people working on each one.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Maybe I'll have a look. It may be too close to replicating previous work to be popular though.