Greetings, getting into Linux in order to assess it's viability to replace my regular OS (windows) for a more PC oriented experience as opposed to a tablet style. I have logged into Ubuntu successfully, updated the latest software, logged into google chrome, browsed, followed some valuable tips from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6M2GjvI8EQ and have been poking around Ubuntu with eyes wide open.

I'm starting this forum because it seems that Ubuntu is bottlenecking my processor down to 1 core of it's 4, I will leave spec's below in order to help trouble shoot the issues I may be having within Ubuntu. When I run the system monitoring tool it shows my four cores (identifies and acknowledges that they are there) but only shows one core at 100% the rest are at 0% of operation capacity. I've downloaded the 64-bit Ubuntu as my dual boot thinking my computer could handle it just fine since I am running windows 7 64-bit home without any problems or operational bottle necking. I was wondering if there is an app or some unknown AMD driver in order to unlock my cores and make Ubuntu fast enough to actually multitask like my windows does.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated, once I speed up ubuntu I will be looking into WINE in order to play some windows games and assess their operation within Ubuntu for my next build which will be happening within the next few months.

Specs:
AMD Phenom 965 black edition - o.c. to 3500GHz per core
Nvidia GTX 570 2G ram gpu
Gskill 8G 1500
Seagate 1T HDD
ASUS M4A78T-E MOBO
Antec 850 gold-cert PSU

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Ubuntu 12.10 64bit